Full Time Counselor - LCDC-i
Compassionate Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern Needed!
** Sign on bonus offered for eligible applicants and offered for a limited time.**
**Details to be discussed during the interview process.**
Dynamic Counselor Intern to provide treatment and casework services to patients as directed by the counseling supervisor. We would like you to provide timely counseling and documentation for patient services based on plan of care and complete referrals and timely documentation for other identified needs, such as psychological, and social needs of patients.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely patient files.
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly.
- Conducts comprehensive patient assessments and the development and implementation of patient treatment plans according to State OTP regulations.
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Must hold a LCDC-I license in the state of Texas.
- Required/Maintained state trainee status, intern, registration or in training standing.
- Have experience working with opiate addicted population.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in conducting assessments, utilization of ASI criteria for appropriate patient placement, treatment plan development and implementation, service coordination, and crisis intervention.
- Excellent documentation and computer skills required.
- Knowledge of local community drug trends, the effects on the body and cognitive functioning of drugs of abuse, signs and symptoms of narcotic overdose, psychosocial implications of addictive disease, the process of addiction and treatment, social service, economic, legal, and medical systems, HIV transmission-health, behavioral, and emotional implications of addiction.
- Ability to work effectively within medical hierarchy, assist in complex problem solving with clients, and work autonomously.
- Exhibits good time management skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
- Self-directed with ability to work with little supervision.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Centers, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Centers is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.