Evening Substance Abuse Counselor
Compassionate Substance Use Counselor Needed!
Substance use counselor will be in charge of assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, the counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses, and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for the best overall outcome.
· Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
· Facilitates establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
· Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
· Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
· Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
· Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints
· Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
· Other related duties as determined by the supervisor
· Bachelor's Degree required with a minimum of 3+ years of individual counseling experience or a Master's Degree in Behavioral Science with a minimum of 2 years individual counseling experience.
· Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus.
· We are open to hiring individuals with LADC I or LADC II certification and a minimum of 2 years of substance abuse counseling experience, whether they hold an Associates or High School diploma.
· Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
· Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
Health Care Resource Centers, a BayMark Health Services Company, is a progressive substance abuse treatment program, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BayMark Health Services is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and to follow compliance guidelines with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws