- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Certified Peer Support Specialist, SOR3 Grant
Certified Peer Support Specialist, SOR 3 Hub and Spoke Grant
The Certified Peer Support Specialist will follow best practices to provide peer support services as part of a multi-disciplinary team to persons with mental illness and/or substance abuse problems. The Peer support Specialist by definition is a person in recovery who will utilize her/his personal recovery experience to instill a sense of hope and optimism for persons in recovery. The Peer Support Specialist will demonstrate a personal belief in recovery and a sincere interest in the welfare of persons in recovery. The Peer Support Specialist will demonstrate the ability to engage and serve the consumers enrolled, contribute to the overall success of the consumer’s recovery process and carry out duties with flexibility and an individual focus. The Peer Support Specialist will promote and contribute to the development of a culture of recovery and empowerment within and outside of the treatment center and will uphold the integrity of program goals. In addition the Peer Support Specialist will complete detailed and accurate case notes and other reports to document program measures. The Peer Support Specialist will conduct community outreach, education and referrals in order to increase awareness and understanding of and enrollment in medication assisted treatment for opioid use disorder. The Peer Support Specialist will also assist persons enrolled in MAT to realize their personal goals in treatment, employment, education and all other life changing opportunities. The Peer Support Specialist will report directly to the Treatment Center Director on all matters pertinent to the successful obtainment of program goals and standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as an integral member of BAART Programs and the MedMark Treatment Centers Team.
- Provide a role model for person’s enrolled and/or seeking recovery and treatment services, other staff members, and service providers in the treatment process.
- Share personal experiences of recovery to build a sense of hope in the recovery and supportive services.
- Assist in the development of a culture of recovery and peer support by engaging in and supporting peer relationships.
- Engage appropriately with community representatives and resources, referrers, consumers in need of BAART Programs or MedMark services and persons enrolled to support them in identifying strengths, existing supports, and community resources.
- Support those enrolled in obtaining individualized goals through building and strengthening of linkages with community resources and family members.
- Work cooperatively with Treatment Center staff in support of patient treatment planning.
- Collect data and provide feedback on goal attainment and other supportive service linkage success to primary supervisor.
- As directed by the Supervisor, network with Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Housing, Case Management, Vocational Support, and other supportive service agencies and organizations, to increase understanding of and enrollment in medication assisted treatment for opioid use disorder.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Must be present during working hours at the office or in the community for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Refer and assist clients in obtaining necessary supportive services.
- Collect data and report on client follow-up and retention success measures.
- Attend meetings, training functions and other official Peer Support functions as required.
- Safeguard confidential information.
- Comply with Treatment center policies.
- Comply with applicable local, state, and federal licensing
- Project a positive image of the Treatment center and its programs to the community, and the Treatment center clients.
- Perform other Peer related duties as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Be certified as a peer specialist or be willing to take an 80 hour course and receive certification.
- Knowledge of support systems and community resources available to patients and their significant others, with the ability assist patients in the development and implementation of their treatment plan.
- Act as an integral member of the BAART Program/MedMark Treatment Center team.
- Engage appropriately with community representatives and resources, referrers, consumers in need of BAART Programs/MedMark services and active patients enrolled to support them in identifying strengths, existing supports, and community resources, with the ability to develop and maintain effective and ethical therapeutic relationships with individuals and groups.
- Assist in the development of a culture of recovery and peer support by engaging in and supporting peer relationships, with the ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to accurately document information, with knowledge of computers, word processing and data processing software.
- Ensures that federal regulations on privacy, confidentiality, and patients’ rights are enforced (42 C.F.R., Part 2, and HIPAA).
- Ability to carry out duties with moderate supervision.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication, documentation and computer skills.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems and adjust to schedule changes
- Certified Peer Support Specialist SOR3 Job Description Page 3
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Satisfactory drug screen
The salary for this position is $25.04 an hour. .
The salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty and training.
BayMark offers excellent benefits:
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Accident Injury, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Plans
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible Sick Time
- Employee Referral Program
Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider the total compensation package by contacting us at BayMark Health Services for more information.
Here is what you can expect from us:
BAART a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.
*SOR3 Hub and Spoke Grant projected end date September June 30, 2024