Medical Director needed east of Los Angeles, CA
Full Time Medical Director Opportunity- La Puente & Lynwood, CA
The Medical Director serves as the Physician for one or more narcotic treatment programs (NTP) and primary care clinics in the State of California as designated by BayMark and accepted by Physician.
This individual provides patient care, medical evaluation, establishes dosing levels, and interacts as necessary with Federal, state, county & other regulatory bodies. The Medical Director trains & manages subordinate physician extenders and provides health care services directly to patients all under the direction and responsibility of the CEO and Medical Director – OTP.
- Board Certified
- Current state licenses & DEA licenses
- Ability to prescribe methadone & buprenorphine
- Planning and supervising provision of treatment for patients (including regular review and notes in
- the patient’s record) according to established CSAT and state guidelines with a strong emphasis on quality & customer service.
- Signs patient record notes
- Oversees patient care provided by physician extender, signs charts, dosing levels, etc., when applicable
- Places patients into treatment
- Oversight of any patient site emergencies
- Examines patient, performs comprehensive physical examination, documents health history and
- Examination results to meet Federal and state guidelines and refers patient for care elsewhere when indicated (including appropriate follow up)
- Initiates, alters and terminates replacement narcotic therapy medications following strict protocols
- meeting the approval of Federal & state guidelines as well as current medical literature for patient care
- Supervises the administration and dispensing of medications
- Confers with patient’s private physician as needed
- Examines staff after on-the-job accidents or injuries as needed
- Serves as a clinic in-service resource
- Provides patient education specific to various disease processes within our scope of practice
- Oversees the continuum of care process for patients
- Maintains strict patient, employee, company and computer confidentiality