- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Medical Assistant
Full Time Medical Assistant
BAART Programs is looking for an organized and compassionate Medical Assistant to greet patients, schedule appointments and collect personal information from patients. The Medical Assistant is also responsible for taking vital signs, helping practitioners with treatment and collecting lab samples. To be successful as a Medical Assistant you must have excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail. An ideal candidate also demonstrates a non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward the Substance Use Disorder.
- Schedules intake appointments, records and verifies patients' information and prepares medical records on new and returning patients
- Check in patients, escort patients to and from waiting room, interviews patients and measures vital signs, records information into patients' electronic charts
- Assist Medical Director/Program Physician/Nurse Practitioner with patient intakes and as needed
- Obtains blood specimens and collects nonblood specimens such as urine sputum, for laboratory testing
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and disinfects treatment rooms, equipment and supplies using germicides
- Acts as receptionist, performs secretarial duties and prepares and maintains reports and records
- Triage/manage questions, phone contacts, and fax messages
- File lab results into appropriate binders and distribute lab results to counselors
- Attend weekly staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma of GED
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Excellent written and verbal skills required; working knowledge of MS Office and patient management software
- Ability to establish a positive rapport with patients; demonstrate a non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward the Substance Use Disorder population.
- 1-2 years’ prior healthcare experience in similar field and environment
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
The salary for this position is $22.46 an hour.
The salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty and training.
BayMark offers excellent benefits:
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Accident Injury, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Plans
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible Sick Time
- Employee Referral Program
Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider the total compensation package by contacting us at BayMark Health Services for more information.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Here is what you can expect from us:
BAART Programs, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART Programs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.