Full Time Addiction Counselor
** Sign on bonus offered for eligible applicants and offered for a limited time.**
**Details to be discussed during the interview process.**
MedMark Treatment Center services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services. MedMark, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings.
At MedMark, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
The Substance Abuse Counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Ensures accurate and current clinical records are maintained in accordance with Federal and State Regulations governing NTP clinics
- Provide clinical services and patient care and education and opiate addiction counseling services to patients receiving methadone maintenance and detoxification treatment
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with ADC or a Master’s degree in the process of obtaining certification/license (30 months to complete)
- Alabama ADC (Alcohol Drug Certification) or Alabama LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor) is preferred
- Maintain State Certification / Licensure or be in the process of obtaining Certification / License
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
MedMark, a progressive substance abuse treatment program, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and to follow compliance guidelines with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.