FT Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee
** Generous sign on bonus offered for eligible applicants and offered for a limited time.**
**Details to be discussed during the interview process.**
The Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor trainee conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor trainee will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Coordinate care of assigned patients and present patient status and concerns with treatment team accordingly
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Certification or license is required: Trainee Status letter from the State of Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Center, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.