- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Chemical Dependency Counselor
Compassionate Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
The Substance Abuse Counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
- Substance abuse counselor will be in charge of assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction.
- Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies.
- Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and in collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients in trauma informed manner
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
- Must possess an Ohio LCDC II, LCDC III, Or LICDC
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals is preferred
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Understanding of an EMR system (electronic medical records)
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Center, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.