- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Substance Abuse Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
The Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilities, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Must be licensed in Louisiana as LAC, CAC or RAC.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Ability to collaborate with compassionate and knowledgeable counseling team members.
- Satisfactory criminal background check and drug screen
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
BAART Programs, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART Programs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.