Certified Substance Use Counselor
Compassionate certified substance abuse counselor Needed!
BAART services is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
BAART, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At BAART, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: FT Substance Use Disorder Counselor (certified)
Location: San Francisco, CA (Market)
Schedule: M-F 6a-2p (1 hour paid lunch)
Primary Job Function:
Substance use disorder counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide individual counseling sessions
- ASAM placement assessment
- Active, aftercare and discharge planning
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates intakes or assist with intake process
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Coordinate patient care with other helping agencies
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Certified for substance abuse counseling in the state of CA.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- AA Degree with 1 year counseling preferred
- Documentation ability a plus
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Free CEUs offered
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
- Birthday PTO & Paid 1 hour lunch
What to expect from us:
BAART a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.