- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Per Diem Licensed Practical Nurse
Per Diem License Practical Nurse – West Monroe, LA
New Day Recovery is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse to care for our patients in our newly acquired residential facility in West Monroe, LA. New Day Recovery is guided by a philosophy where hope, respect, and personal dignity serve as the catalysts for rebirth and transformation. It is our belief that when individuals are spiritually alive, mentally clear and alert, emotionally stable, and physically fit, they cannot help but maintain a socially balanced lifestyle. To achieve this, New Day Recovery seeks to provide the highest quality care that is grounded in evidence-based practices while, at the same time, providing a sense of connection and belonging for those who come through our doors seeking a new day and a new life. Join our team to help save patients’ lives.
- Acts as the second nurse on duty to help maintain a safe and comfortable milieu for clients.
- Assists with the admission and discharge procedures, which may include the completion of paperwork, urinalysis collection, administering a tuberculosis skin test, contacting emergency contacts, etc.
- Document in the individual’s chart the results of the nursing assessment, treatment plan, physician’s orders, progress notes and other individual-related data.
- Assists nursing staff on duty with monitoring for signs and symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal.
- Provide medically monitored evaluation and withdrawal management to individuals served in the Detoxification Unit under the supervision of the Director of Nursing.
- Maintains hygienic and safe work environment in compliance with healthcare procedures.
- Maintains all necessary documentation and charting.
- Updates and maintain accurate Medication Administration Records.
- Performs scheduled medication administration.
- Obtains vital signs if/when necessary.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients and interacts with them in an appropriate manner.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Must hold an unrestricted LPN license in the state of Louisiana
- Requires current certifications in CPR and First Aid.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
- Prefer working knowledge of medical detoxification for substance abuse.
- Knowledge of the signs and symptoms of substance intoxication and withdrawal including pharmacological factors.
- Must have strong team building and communication skills.
- Ability to perform the physical demands of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to physically respond to individuals’ needs in the event of a crisis situation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, individuals served, outside professionals and the general public.
What to expect from us:
New Day Recovery a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
New Day Recovery is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws