Full-Time Substance Use Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during therapy. Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ therapy and treatment for best overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
- Develops and participates in individual or group patient teaching projects
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
- Minimum: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Preferred: Bachelor's or Master's degree in a social or health services field.
- Previous experience with chemically dependent individuals is a positive factor.
- Certification required: CADC (Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor) or LADC (Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor).
- Essential: Ability to maintain a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward the patient population.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
Health Care Resource Centers, a BayMark Health Services, is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization, is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.