Certified Medical Assistant
Full-Time Certified Medical Assistant
*Must be able to travel to Mt. Carmen and Selinsgrove*
AppleGate is looking for an organized and compassionate Medical Assistant to greet patients, schedule appointments and collect personal information from patients. The Medical Assistant is also responsible for taking vital signs, helping practitioners with treatment and collecting lab samples. To be successful as a Medical Assistant you must have excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail. An ideal candidate also demonstrates a non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward the Substance Use Disorder.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedules intake appointments, records and verifies patients' information and prepares medical records on new and returning patients
- Check in patients, escort patients to and from waiting room, interviews patients and measures vital signs, records information into patients' electronic charts
- Assist Medical Director/Program Physician/Nurse Practitioner with patient intakes and as needed
- Collects nonblood specimens such as urine sputum, for laboratory testing
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients and disinfects treatment rooms, equipment and supplies using germicides
- Acts as medical receptionist, performs secretarial duties and prepares and maintains reports and records
- Triage/manage questions, phone contacts, and fax messages
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma of GED
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Medical Assistant Certification or Nursing Assistant Certification
- No experience necessary, onsite training offered.
- Possess CPR/BCLS certification
- 1-2 years’ prior healthcare experience in similar field and environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills required; working knowledge of MS Office and patient management software
- Ability to establish a positive rapport with patients; demonstrate a non-judgmental and accepting attitude toward the Substance Use Disorder population.
- Satisfactory drug screen and background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
- Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Here is what you can expect from us:
AppleGate Recovery is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
AppleGate is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.