F/T Substance Use Counselor, LADC Required
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patients’ achieving overall outcome.
- Conducts individual initial assessment and evaluation interviews for service eligibility determination
- Facilitates establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Involve families and significant others in patient’s recovery process whenever possible
- Respond, as needed, to patient grievances and complaints
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Other related duties as determined by the supervisor
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Science
- Ability to obtain AAP credentials within 180 days of employment.
- Substance abuse counseling experience and an advanced degree are preferred.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Understanding of an EMR system (electronic medical records)
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
What to expect from us:
BAART Programs, a BayMark Health Services company, is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BayMark Health Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.