- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Patient Account Rep/Fiscal Clerk
Full-Time Patient Account Rep / Fiscal Clerk
BAART Programs is looking for hard-working and conscientious Patient Account Representative / Fiscal Clerk to perform various administrative tasks with a keen eye for detail. The patient account representative is primarily responsible for patient billing, including verification of invoice information, maintenance of third party billing records, and resolution of a variety of problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review, maintain, and process fiscal/account records and transactions related to patient’s accounts.
- Verify insurance benefits and billing information by terminal and/or telephone. Annotate accounts with insurance coverage and estimated patient shares.
- Contact third party payers (insurance providers and state/federal agencies) for payment post billing.
- Resolve issues with payment and billing, authorization process.
- Reconcile daily money collected.
- Forward information as appropriate to expedite payment.
- Maintain accurate accounts, i.e. required signatures, proper account annotation, current demographics, and correspondence.
- Insure completion of pre-authorization process by inquiry and referral to clinician.
- Monitor insurance authorizations and claim rejections.
- Maintains fiscal records and/or worksheets for all calculations, extensions, and verifications related to record keeping for assigned patient’s accounts.
- Perform tasks consistent with authorization and billing requirements.
- Contact patients for payment of account or payment arrangements according to current policy.
- Manage revenue cycle, production logs, balances and collections for self-pay clients.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient records.
- Assists with archiving discharged files, including archiving
- Respond appropriately to requests for information regarding accounts from payer, attorney, and others.
- Backup Receptionist as needed by: Checking in patients, collecting payments, answering phones, scheduling intakes, and data entry.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years’ prior experience in a medical office setting.
- 2-4 years’ experience with Medicaid and PAC and commercial insurance (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills and professional public presentation skills, including telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures, documentation and records maintenance.
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures, gather and compile data into reports.
- Proficient in basic PC skills. Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions, establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, program management, medical staff, counselors and peers.
- Ability to work with a diverse population, manage stressful situations and exhibit excellent customer service skills.
Salary ranges from $15.50 to $21.50 an hour.
The salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty and training.
BayMark offers excellent benefits:
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Accident Injury, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Plans
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible Sick Time
- Employee Referral Program
Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider the total compensation package by contacting us at BayMark Health Services for more information.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
Here is what you can expect from us:
BAART Programs, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART Programs is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.