Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Supervisor Needed!
The Counselor Supervisor will supervise the Counselors and Counselor Interns who provide treatment and casework services to patients in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and with BayMark’s policies and procedures. Ensure timely documentation of patient services based on plan of care. Identify other physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner in accordance with the company’s budget. Travel as necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients.
- Monitors treatment and counseling of all patients.
- Provides clinical supervision
- Assigns counselors’ caseloads, amends when necessary.
- Screens potential patients and determines eligibility.
- Facilitates intakes or assist with intake process.
- Conducts quality assurance file reviews.
- Completes and submits patient death reports, as needed.
- Reviews and countersigns assessments and treatment plans for quality and accuracy for Counselor Interns.
- Manages all counseling staff. Facilitates performance improvement discussions, documentation and follow up.
- Assists in new hire training.
- Assists with interviews for open positions.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- May be required to counsel a caseload of patients.
- Assist with monitoring employee attendance
- Assist with completing incident reports
- Provide guidance and support to counselors needing to obtain licensure and / or certification
- Oversee counselor related annual trainings and ensure trainings are completed
- Facilitate employee performance discussions and evaluations
- Communicate clinic, employee and patients concerns to employees and leadership
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in program development activities.
- Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with BayMark Services policy is expected.
- Meet or exceed delivery of Company Service Standards in a consistent fashion.
- Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Certified SUD Counselor in CA with supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of Bachelors in Behavioral Science or equivalent in experience. Graduate level degree preferred.
- Experience with SUD, the ability to develop comprehensive treatment plans and chart accurately and excellent oral and written communication skills are also required
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals a plus. Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
What to expect from us:
BAART Program is a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
BAART Program is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.