SpecialCare Hospital Management is looking for a responsible, highly motivated and collaborative individual to fulfill the role of Service Coordinator managing internal processes at the New Vision™ office. The service coordinator is also responsible for weekly outreach in the community to enhance the visibility of the New Vision Service and client hospital.
An ideal candidate works cooperatively with hospital administration, physician and nursing staff, Regional Operations Manager, and Clinical Director to coordinate a continuum of care for the addicted patient.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a minimum of 12 Outside Marketing Contacts each week with various treatment agencies, physician offices, hospitals, etc.
- Arrive at the hospital each day at 8am to begin outreach into the hospital; possible outreach may be required before starting at the hospital, based on approval from the Regional Manager.
- Oversee the day to day operations of the New Vision™ office and complete assigned reporting
- Effectively communicate with Hospital Administration, Physicians, Nurses, and Community Partners.
- Act as a liaison between the New Vision™ Service and the Community as well as between the Client Hospital and the Corporate Office.
- Assist the Intake Coordinator with inquiries, assessments, discharge planning, follow up calls, and day to day operations of the office.
- Maintain HIPPA
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Psychology, Counseling, Substance Abuse, Criminal Justice, or related field is preferred along with and minimum of at least three (3) years of social service and/or clinical service work.
- Marketing or Public Relations experience
- Valid Driver’s License, Vehicle Registration, and Verifiable Automobile Insurance
- Must be comfortable working independently yet collaboratively as an integral member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to demonstrate effective leadership, management skills, strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite as well as an understanding of email and attachments.
- Understanding of documentation pertaining to healthcare, while maintaining HIPAA guidelines and policies
- Ability to problems solve through data analysis, integrate new ideas or processes, and maintain confidentiality
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment, mange competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off accrual
- Excellent growth and development opportunities
- Satisfying and rewarding work striving to overcome the opioid epidemic
Here is what you can expect from us:
SpecialCare Hospital Management is a healthcare company that focuses on helping people break through the cycle of addiction. SpecialCare partners with acute care hospitals across the country to provide medical stabilization & withdrawal symptom management services. Each client hospital maintains on-site staff that are trained in intakes and conducting community education and outreach activities.
SpecialCare Hospital Management is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.