Part Time Clinical Dietician
Part Time Dietician
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is looking for a highly organized, professional, and dependable Dietician.
Role and Responsibilities
- Utilize monitoring and evaluation techniques that consider the client’s nutrition needs as well as cultural, religious and ethnic concerns.
- Counsel clients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits.
- Coordinate with Nursing staff and Kitchen Lead to develop meal plans, while considering cost and client preferences.
- Conducts a nutrition assessment when warranted by a client’s needs or conditions or warranted by a regulatory requirement.
- Complete necessary documentation and assessments of clients and creates nutrition plans as needed.
- Reviews dietary intake for factors that affect health conditions and nutritional risk.
- Utilizes medical history, laboratory data, drug profile, anthropometric measurements and diet history to evaluate for nutrition-related consequences.
- Performs nutrition focused physical exam (NFPE) during assessments on patients to determine risk and/or degree of malnutrition when indicated.
- Evaluates psychosocial, functional and behavioral factors related to food access, selection, preparation, physical activity and understanding of health condition.
- Provides appropriate follow-up in accordance with the client’s treatment plan goals.
- Ability to be caring and empathetic when helping clients address dietary issues and related emotions.
- Provide dietary services in accordance with company guidelines, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ensures that care delivered to each patient is in accordance with the state of Maine dietetics regulations, licensing, certification or registration.
- Assists in achieving compliance with the Joint Commission standards to continuously improve the safety and quality of care to the public and to the organization’s performance improvement.
- Determines when a problem requires consultation or referral to another provider or service.
- Participates in treatment team meetings to contribute interventions and assessment results to the multidisciplinary team
- Identifies and reports opportunities for quality improvement specific to dietary/nutritional services to facility leadership
- Provides educational group sessions to facility patients when scheduled on dietary issues and healthy nutrition
- Demonstrates ethical, professional boundaries with clients.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or related field.
- Registered Dietician in the State of Maine.
- 2+ years of related experience.
- Must pass State of Maine criminal background and driving record checks.
- Substance abuse treatment experience a plus.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
Here is what you can expect from us:
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is committed to helping people achieve lasting sobriety through comprehensive care and compassionate support. Founded by and staffed with individuals in recovery themselves, we treat residents with the respect and dignity they deserve. Our Portland Maine rehab center provides individualized care and evidence-based clinical approaches in an environment that promotes healing.
Liberty Bay Recovery Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.