Full Time Certified or Registered Substance Abuse Counselor
Compassionate Substance Abuse Counselor Needed!
Do you want to make a difference? Apply Today!
The Substance Abuse Counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting treatments and offering techniques for handling opioid use. Counselor conducts individual sessions and group sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Counselor will evaluate patient progress during counseling and collaborate with doctors, nurses and other counselors to assist the patient's achieving improved outcomes.
- Provide individual and group counseling services; direct service hours at regularly scheduled intervals; coordinate all services throughout treatment
- Completes Bio-psychosocial assessment.
- Facilitates, establishes and reviews with each patient the initial treatment plan
- Develop aftercare plans and discharge plans
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of counseling services to all patients
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
- Certified or Registered Counselor in the State of California.
- Previous experience working with chemically dependent individuals.
- Must demonstrate a positive, non-judgmental, and accepting attitude toward our patient population.
- Satisfactory drug screen and criminal background check.
Everyone will be asked to be in compliance with the most recent COVID guidelines from CDC, State, County and City.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
What to expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Centers are a progressive substance abuse treatment program that is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Centers are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) and to follow compliance guidelines with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.