- About Us
- Addiction Treatment
- Treatment Locations
- Primary Care
Full Time Patient Navigator, SOR3 Grant
Patient Navigator, SOR 3 Hub and Spoke Grant
MedMark Treatment Center is looking for an adaptable and effective Patient Navigator, SOR 3 Hub and Spoke Grant, to work with external entities including but not limited to: jails, hospital EDs, OBOTs, residential programs, other locations identified in need of help with outreach and education, to help identify persons with OUD in these settings and discuss referrals to MAT treatment and develop realistic individualized action plans for patients. Support patient to access the highest level of care available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist TCD to develop outreach and education list.
- Provide education and outreach to external entities developed mutually with TCD.
- Round in ED, jail and other settings routinely during weekdays: check in with other settings to see if there are pts eligible for MAT.
- Maintain required data for referrals provided as well as outreach/education activities engaged in.
- Available on-call for MAT linkage during regular hours if not present in ED or jail
- Describe program and principles of OUD MAT to external entities
- Obtain consent for participation and complete MAT intake forms
- Assess readiness using the ‘Stages of Change Model’
- Assess for co-occurring substance use or psychiatric disorders and/or concurrent medical conditions
- Confirm and/or assist to establish insurance status
- If uninsured, connect patient with financial counseling service
- Identify resources for OUD MAT, assist with making follow up MAT appointments
- Assess and address any barriers to attending follow up appointments (transportation, contact phone # availability for appt reminders, shelter needs, etc). Engage social services to assist with any of these issues as needed.
- Communicate with ED jail providers to inform them of MAT follow up plan including scheduled appointments.
- After discharge from ED or release from jail, on the day prior to follow up appointment contact patients to remind them of their follow up appt.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and interact with others using excellent communication techniques.
- Must be present during working hours at the office for in person meetings and access to a computer without violating company policy.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Nonjudgmental, energetic, positive approach to assisting patients with SUD
- Understanding of SUD as a disease and the role of MAT in OUD treatment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills are required. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including, Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and possess strong analytical and organizational skills in managing multiple projects in different consecutive stages.
- Must be able to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment in which attention to detail and audit-trail documentation must be maintained in the face of multiple competing demands for your time. Developing a positive rapport with clients, vendors, subcontractors and employees and maintaining business partnerships is critically important.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Initiative to take charge of unforeseen situations, solve problems and adjust to schedule changes
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Satisfactory drug screen.
The salary for this position is $32.89 an hour.
The salary of the candidate(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, experience, education, specialty and training.
BayMark offers excellent benefits:
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Accident Injury, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Plans
- Company paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Leave
- Flexible Sick Time
- Employee Referral Program
Total compensation goes beyond the value on the paycheck. Please consider the total compensation package by contacting us at BayMark Health Services for more information.
Here is what you can expect from us:
MedMark Treatment Center, a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
MedMark Treatment Center is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.
*SOR3 Hub and Spoke Grant projected end date September June 30, 2024