Hampshire County House of Corrections is dedicated to providing individualized treatment integrating pharmacotherapy, clinical counseling, recovery support and medical services.
Hampshire County House of Corrections, addiction treatment programs deliver medically-supervised services for adults in a variety of modalities and settings. As the largest specialty organization addressing the opioid crisis, we have unlimited opportunities for those looking to make a difference. At Hampshire County House of Corrections, we believe in delivering a higher level of care to our patients, not just talking about it. We are committed to treating our patients and each other with dignity and respect in a culture that fosters excellence in all that we do.
Title: FT Substance Abuse Counseling Supervisor
Location: Hampshire County House of Corrections
Primary Job Function:
Substance abuse counselor will be in charge with assisting patients through medically assisting programs and offering techniques for handling opioid addiction. Counselor conducts group sessions and individual sessions to assist with crisis management and coping strategies. Additionally, counselor will evaluate patients’ progress during counselling sessions.
Substance abuse counselors may also need to collaborate with doctors, nurses and therapists for patients’ counselling sessions and treatment for best overall outcome.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise all intake operations
- Review intake assessments for quality
- Provide direct supervision to clinicians as well as assist in the ongoing supervision of staff through meetings, in-service training’s, guest speakers and reviewing literature
- Direct pre-admission decisions, case reviews and counseling meetings to ensure services are provided in accordance with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Assist in implementation of Quality Improvement Program, initiatives and goals
- Provide guidance concerning day to day delivery of program elements to ensure smooth operation
- Manage the day to day patient needs issues that may arise
- Hearing Officer reviewing termination appeals
- Mediate clinician/patient conflicts
- Other related duties as determined by supervisor
Qualifications | Education | Certifications:
- Masters Degree in Behavioral Science required; LICSW or LMHC required; MSW preferred.
- Licensed Required - LADC1, LICSW, LMHC with a minimum of 1 year supervisory experience in related field.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(K)
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Excellent growth and development opportunities through our counselor career path
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to impact individuals’ life
What to expect from us:
Hampshire County House of Corrections a progressive substance abuse treatment organization is committed to the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable outpatient clinic setting. Our ultimate goal is to address the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of opioid use disorder to help each of our patients achieve long-term recovery and an improved quality of life.
Hampshire County House of Corrections is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, natural origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, genetic disposition, disability or veteran’s status or any other classification protected by State/Federal laws.