Data Engineer - ATG Team
Job ID 22-350
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda Networks, Inc. is looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data Platform team to build our core data systems and tools that serve as the building blocks of our data platform. In this role you will join the Advanced Technology Group in developing transformational technology stacks that drive the evolution of Barracuda products and services. As part of ATG, you will be one of the thought leaders that influence product teams to deliver critical insights related to Barracuda's customers and solutions. The mission of the Data Platform is to provide a performant, multi-cloud, cost-efficient, observable, highly available and reliable data platform.
What you’ll be working on:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Data management, modeling, schema definition and validation, orchestration, access and control, quality enforcement
- SQL Query authoring and optimization
- Implement new technologies and algorithms to enhance Barracuda's Data Platform
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline including 3+ years of related experience in a Data Engineer role.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ stores.
- Significant experience with statically-typed (Golang preferred, Java) and dynamically-typed (Python preferred) languages
- Solid understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Hands-on experience with Linux
- Strong development skills using Cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP). Experience with AWS Redshift is a plus.
- Strong know-how in security and network technologies
- Familiarity with Microservices architecture and design principles. Prior experience with K8s is a plus.
- Familiarity with CI/CD strategies
- Working knowledge of source control systems (GIT, SVN)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities