JOB ID 23-191
Remote for New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value & strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Do you enjoy watching software unfold before your eyes? Do you like mentoring junior developers? If so, we’d love to talk to you about a few cool products we are developing in the Cybersecurity space. We’re looking for a passionate Software Engineer who can see a big picture of the product and cares about impeccable code.
What you'll be working on
- Designs, develops, maintains and implements software modules/subsystems for a given product.
- Works with minimal supervision on analysis tasks, and with little or no supervision on development tasks.
- Participates in the definition of the life-cycle of software process and in code reviews.
- Completes analysis of partially defined tasks, completes major portions of complex functional specs/design documents, and completes development and/or maintenance assignments.
- Collaborates within and across groups in writing functional and design specifications, development schedules and user interface specifications.
- Identifies and suggests solutions to problems of significant scope.
- Generates engineering test plans from functional specification documents.
- Follows the software life-cycle process when developing software, and actively supports and participates in Agile project stand-ups and ceremonies.
- 4+ years of experience in Software development
- Intermediate engineering experience in Project execution, Operational Excellence, Planning, Innovation and Collaboration
- Basic required technical competencies in: Infrastructure, Platform, Database design and management and Networking
- Intermediate level of technical competencies in: Architecture, Requirements, SDLC, Design, Configuration Management, Testing and Security
- 1+ years of experience as an Engineer in a full stack Node.js application
- 1+ years of experience with code reviews
- 1+ years of experience in React.js
- Some exposure to AWS or other cloud providers
- Some exposure to Docker Containers
- Comfortable working in Linux and Mac
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you & your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities