Sr. Software Engineer (.net)
Req ID:22-178 OPEN TO REMOTE
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
This is an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer to work on the Cloud to Cloud Backup product in the Data Protection Division. Our Cloud to Cloud Backup product currently protects Microsoft Office 365 sources, & soon others.
With a focus on data security and integrity, our protection platform facilitates the transfer of terabytes worth of data during all hours of the day. Our ability to manage millions of data objects across several different data providers offers a unique and challenging developer experience.
You will be working in a small team environment that follows an iterative development process through planning, coding, testing and deployment. Within an ecosystem of modern technologies, you will have the opportunity to implement best practices in all aspects of the development process.
We are looking for someone who is passionate, self-motivated & eager to hit the ground running.
What you will do:
- Develop web API endpoints to support a react frontend.
- Develop middleware in a multiservice architecture.
- Lead design discussions and own features to completion.
- Perform code reviews.
- Break down business requirements into executable tasks.
- Mentor other developers.
- Create technical diagrams and other supporting documentation.
- Ensure customer-satisfying results.
- Be a technical influencer in API and middleware development.
What you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience.
- Extensive knowledge of .NET Core and web API solutions.
- Strong understanding of API security and web token authentication.
- A passion for testing and delivering high quality solutions.
- Track record of mentorship.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a high-energy environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Experience working in Azure DevOps.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with a microservice architecture.
- Experience with modern frontend libraries like React.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with Azure services.
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities