* Cybersecurity Analyst
OPEN TO REMOTE
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level. Barracuda MSP is on the cutting edge of data security, delivering an exceptional customer experience for its channel partners. Serving over 2000 partners, and nearly 40,000 small businesses, Barracuda MSP is helping to ensure that no small business goes out of business from data loss.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.Envision yourself at Barracuda:
The Cybersecurity Analyst will support the timely delivery of SKOUT CYBERSECURITY services for our customer base. This includes security alarm analysis, troubleshooting and resolution of security incidents, and customer management. The cyber security analyst works among a skilled SOC team to address security matters across SKOUT customer base. This role supports 24x7x365 operations, including evening, night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
What you’ll be working on:
- Perform daily operation of monitoring networks for security events/incidents to detect active threats, intrusions, and/or compromises.
- Respond to security alarms and analyze and escalate incidents by process or management.
- Engage on incident management and response efforts.
- Perform internal and external vulnerability assessments.
- Management of Endpoint Protection and Email Protection services.
- Tier one support of SIEM engineering.
- First line of operational support for requests with SKOUT's security services.
- Support general inquiries/requests relevant to security concerns and recommendations.
- Responsible for understanding the ever changing global threat landscape and tracking changes in this area, as well as understanding the direct or indirect impact to the customer base by publishing threat advisories on a regular basis.
- Perform customer management by understanding, identifying, and mitigating issues with customers security.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, escalate and/or remediate system health matters.
- Tier one support for firewall and mail filtering requests.
What you bring to the role:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience troubleshooting in a technical environment,
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with ticketing systems.
- Customer service skills, phone and remote support experience.
- Ability to work night, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Must be a quick learner.
- Working knowledge of Windows or Linux systems.
- Experience with basic networking principles.
- Experience with incident response and analysis of attack vectors such as:
- Business Email Compromise
- SQL Injection
- Mobile Threats
- Experience with common SOC tools such as:
- Other Log/Packet Analysis applications
- Threat Intelligence
- Vulnerability Scanner
- Sandbox Environments
- Email Security
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits