Director, Data Privacy
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda’s Director, Data Privacy is responsible for leading Barracuda’s worldwide data privacy and governance programs.
What you'll be working on
Lead Barracuda’s worldwide data privacy and governance program by developing, implementing, and/or operating the company’s
- Organization and operating model
- Privacy requirements and control frameworks
- Privacy metrics and reporting procedures
- Record of processing activities / data inventory
- Privacy policies, notices, contracts and clauses
- Individual / data subject rights
- Consent, preference, and cookies management
- Third party privacy risk management
- Cross-border data transfer mechanisms (e.g. model contracts)
- Privacy by design/default and data privacy impact assessments
- Privacy training and awareness
- Privacy incident response
- Design and oversee Barracuda’s data classification policy and data retention policy
- Through active partnering with the engineering, IT, marketing, and operations teams, ensure products and services store and manage customer and partner data in full compliance with worldwide data privacy regulations.
- Identify and manage implementation of privacy tech tools to improve privacy program maturity.
- Partner with engineering team on privacy by design. Help to uncover potential security risks within the IT architecture and system interactions related to data privacy and security.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years of previous data privacy experience in a compliance, technical and/or legal capacity.
- Experience and understanding of privacy concepts such as data access governance, data classification, data retention, data discovery, encryption, masking, tokenization, information rights management, and data loss prevention
- Familiarity with cloud technologies such as AWS & MS Azure.
- Are familiar with regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, SOX, SOC, HIPAA, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to draft, implement, and operationalize policies, procedures, and employee training.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working cross-functionally with a variety of teams, including engineering teams, sales teams, and product teams.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, organization, and project management skills, including a strong desire and ability to make complex topics understandable for various audiences.
- Self-starter with the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Privacy or risk and compliance related certifications a plus.
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities