* Tech Solutions Engineer
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda Networks is currently looking for highly motivated and excited computer and networking technicians, to provide quality global support of our superb networking and security products in 24/7 environment. This role will be an entry-level front-line facing position where you will understand, document, and troubleshoot the customers' product support issues over email, phone, and chat mediums. This position will work within a team and will report into a Tech Support Manager.
What you’ll be working
- Providing superior customer support on our home-grown products.
- Interface with customers at a high volume to solve their issues using different applications which include WAF/NG and email/backup
- Develop your skills in network and security products through on-going training
- Document, escalate and follow through with product bugs and/or issues
- Debug the issue and provide a solution. If not resolved raise a ticket to the next level
What you bring to the role
- Should have at least 1 year of experience in network firewall domain, web application and load balancing technologies, or exchange/email security and web filter domain
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP and UDP
- Very good knowledge of L7 protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP and POP3
- Should have good Linux and Microsoft server knowledge
- Basic knowledge about OWASP top 10 attacks, understanding of top 10 OWASP defined application security challenges
- Very good understanding of URL filtering in proxy and reverse technologies, debugging applications like tcpdump, fiddler
- Good understanding of SMTP and POP3 protocols
- Good understanding of various backup technologies
- CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Computer Science
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment with rotating shifts
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer focus and solid written and verbal communication skills Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.