Job ID 22-495
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
The Barracuda Appliance Control team is responsible for providing a cloud based single pane of glass to monitor and manage all Barracuda customer appliances. Our engineers are building the next generation of innovative cloud-based appliance management solutions. We are looking for a highly skilled and passionate developer to join our cross functional Agile team.
You will be working closely with product managers and customers to design, develop, test, and deploy new and innovative features in a continuous delivery model. You will be working on large scale microservices based distributed systems to solve challenges related to scale and performance. So, if you've got what it takes to excel in this role, we would like to talk to you!
- Solid experience with the following programming languages - Golang, Perl, C/C++
- Strong experience with Relational DB like MySQL
- Strong practical Linux and bash scripting skills
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, routing, DNS, load balancing etc.
- Experience with REST services, AWS resources like EC2, ALB, NLB, R53, CloudFront, ACM, S3 and RDS
- Experience with infrastructure/configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet etc.
- Experience with Windows is nice to have
- Working knowledge of Elasticsearch is desirable
- Understand business requirements for projects and remove gaps and ambiguity. Create technical tasks out of general requirements
- Design and develop new feature/enhancements. Troubleshoot, fix, and test product issues to resolve complex problems such as related to scale and performance
- Understand performance and security implications of how the design/code impacts the products
- Understand product wide ecosystem dependencies, impact, and how it integrates with other products
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 3+ years of experience working on distributed systems/SaaS products at cloud scale
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD and operations
- Ability to communicate clearly and use a collaborative approach across boundaries to get work done
What you'll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.