Job ID: 22-565
At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
As the Pre-Sales Engineer your primary role is to work closely with the EMEA Sales Team and present Barracuda Networks’ solutions to prospective customers. You will create and deliver demonstrations of the products, gathering and validating technical requirements, and making appropriate technical recommendations.
You will also be responding to RFI’s, RFP’s while using your excellent communication skills to answer technical questions in addition to clearly and persuasively articulating Barracuda’s mission, product and business value.
What you’ll be working on:
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support (which including installation assistance and limited on site training) to the Company’s customers
- Handle product demonstrations and presentations
- Travel and visit customers and partners in the region, (as required)
- Support for pilots to be conducted by enterprise prospects
- Answer technical questions
- Assist in qualifying opportunities, validating technical requirements and providing appropriate product recommendations
- Respond to RFI’s, RFP’s
- Engage appropriate internal resources like sales, product management, product marketing, CSEs and others when necessary to help close opportunities
- Follow-up with prospective customers during evaluation phase
- Post sales support may be necessary from time-to-time
What you bring to the role:
- Experience as a pre-sales systems engineer
- Able to articulate and demonstrate solutions to business problems to customer executives and staff
- Provide effective presentations, demonstrations and technical support during selling cycle: Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Deep understanding of protocols: SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP, LDAP, NIS
- Strong UNIX system administrator skills
- Experience with shell scripting in Perl and other scripting languages
- Technical proficiency with email and the email infrastructure including Exchange, Active Directory, and LDAP
- Knowledge in Spam Assassin and RBLs
- Strong technical security knowledge including firewalls and related policy management security products and concepts
- Strong technical storage knowledge including backup and archiving
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda