Engineer (Site Reliability)
Job ID: 22-444
Remote – United States, except Colorado
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
We are committed to a candidate selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. To ensure candidates are assessed in a fair and equitable manner, accommodations will be provided to prospective employees in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for managing production services and will work with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure reliability, scalability and performance of services in Barracuda’s Private and Public Clouds.
What you’ll be working on
- Ensure service reliability and uptime for Cloud services
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack: hardware, software, application and network
- Participate in on-call rotation if required
- Collaborate with internal groups to identify, develop, and deploy manageable, scalable and robust services
- Ensure consistent application of operational standards across cloud services
- Represent Cloud Engineering in design reviews and operational readiness exercises for new and existing services
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in technology field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years progressive experience with Linux/Unix command line.
- 3+ years of experience in managing systems in AWS, Azure, GCP or on-premises cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with microservice architectures on container orchestration platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of DevOps principles and their application to the challenges of software delivery in modern cloud architectures.
- Demonstrated programming skills in one or more of: Bash, Python, C/C++, Java, Go.
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana, CI/CD tools and Terraform is a plus.
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities