Consulting Solutions Architect
Job ID 22-050
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.Envision yourself at Barracuda!
The primary function of the Consulting Solutions Architect is to work closely with the inside and outside sales teams in EMEA & present Barracuda’s solutions to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering and validating technical requirements and making appropriate technical recommendations. As a Consulting Solutions Architect, you will also be responding to RFI’s, RFP’s while using your excellent communication skills to answer technical questions in addition to clearly and persuasively articulating Barracuda’s mission, product and business value.
You will also be the team lead for the internal systems engineers working on your product sets. This includes their internal training and development with the products. You will also guide them in supporting the external SE’s as well as customers and partners.
What you’ll be working on:
- Be the go-to technical expert on our Public Cloud solutions in EMEA
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support (which includes installation assistance and limited on-site training) to the company’s customers throughout EMEA
- Assist in qualifying opportunities, validating technical requirements and providing appropriate product recommendations
- Handle key product demonstrations and presentations as required
- Provide responses and solutions to technical questions from the field
- Assist in closing larger and more complex projects
- Engage appropriate internal resources including sales, product management, product marketing and others when necessary, to help close opportunities
- Lead a small team of Public Cloud Solution Architects
- Work with the inside and outside pre-sales teams to provide support for critical POC’s
- Follow-up with key prospective customers during evaluation phase
- Stay appraised of all relevant opportunities in our CRM and work proactively with the relevant field sales teams to provide assistance and guidance as required
- Deliver training for the inside and outside pre-sales engineering teams
- Assist in providing responses for RFI’s, RFP’s
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with the product management and development groups to ensure field requirements are being proactively communicated and to ensure product messaging, new features and functionality and roadmap updates are communicated to the field pre-sales and sales teams
- You will report directly to the VP, EMEA Presales
What you bring to the role:
- Ideally 4+ yrs. experience as a system engineer, or professional services consultant
- Strong hands-on experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Strong understanding and hands on experience of IP networking, routing & Network Security
- Experience of writing scripts in Perl, bash, PowerShell etc.
- Experience with Linux and Windows (Client, Server)
- Able to deliver effective presentations, demonstrations and technical support during selling cycle, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and written/oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region as and when required.
- Additional European Languages is an advantage.