Principal Software Engineer
Job ID 22-375
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
The Email Archiver team is at the forefront of protecting our customers email data for the long term. We are a passionate team of engineers building the next generation of innovative cloud connected email archiver appliances. We are looking for a highly skilled and passionate lead developer to join our cross functional Agile team.
As a lead developer you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge on-premises appliance based and cloud-based email archiver products. You will be working closely with product managers, customers, and developers to design, develop, test, and deliver new and innovative features in a continuous delivery model. So, if you've got what it takes to excel in this role, we would like to talk to you!Tech Stack
- Strong practical Linux and bash scripting skills
- Solid experience with one or more of the following programming languages - Perl, PHP, C++
- Experience working with datastores such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Lucene
- Experience with Microservices architecture, REST services, container-based virtualization (e.g., Docker)
What you’ll be working on
- Partner with Product Manager/Product Owner to define strategy and business requirements
- Take business requirements for projects and break them down into manageable engineering requirements, develop functional specifications, that can be delivered in an iterative approach
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the product team. Mentor team members in engineering best practices. You will be responsible for all aspects of design & development of new features/enhancements, troubleshoot/fix product issues to resolve complex problems such as related to scale and performance
- Understands product wide ecosystem dependencies, impact, and how it integrates with other products
- Keep up to date with industry trends, developments, and recent security vulnerabilities that may impact the product
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to requirement and with quality
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 10+ years of professional experience of which at least 3+ years in leading projects end-to-end on a centralized system
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, routing, DNS, load balancing etc.
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD etc.
- Solid experience mentoring/coaching team members and assigning/delegating work as appropriate. Ability to communicate clearly and use a collaborative approach across boundaries to get work done
- Track record of leading cross-functional teams
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.