Pre-Sales Consultant ANZ
Job ID 23-685
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
The Barracuda Networks Team is expanding and adding an additional field-based Pre-Sales Engineer in Australia. We are seeking a talented, motivated pre-sales technician who is responsible for supporting the field team to achieve the territory new business target.
You will be responsible for presenting Barracuda Networks’ solutions to prospective customers, creating and delivering demonstrations of the products, gathering and validating technical requirements, and making appropriate technical recommendations.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer, you will also be responding to RFI’s, RFP’s while using your excellent communication skills to answer technical questions in addition to clearly and persuasively articulating Barracuda’s mission, product and business value.
What you’ll be working on:
- Travel and visit customers and partners in the region
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support (which including installation assistance and limited onsite training) to the Company’s customers
- Handle product demonstrations and presentations
- Support for pilots to be conducted by enterprise prospects
- Answer technical questions
- Assist in qualifying opportunities, validating technical requirements and providing appropriate product recommendations
- Respond to RFI’s, RFP’s
- Engage appropriate internal resources like sales, product management, product marketing, CSEs and others when necessary to help close opportunities
- Follow-up with prospective customers during evaluation phase
- Work with reseller partners, provide training and enablement
What you bring to the role:
- Experience as a pre-sales systems engineer or education in computer security
- Able to articulate and demonstrate solutions to business problems to customer executives and staff
- Provide effective presentations, demonstrations and technical support during selling cycle: Excellent verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Proven ability to conduct successful product pilots in client environment
- Team player, high energy, positive attitude
- Business maturity, decision-making, planning, & project management skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in heterogeneous environments
- Deep understanding of protocols: SMTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP, LDAP, NIS
- Strong UNIX system administrator skills
- Experience with shell scripting in Perl and other scripting languages
- Technical proficiency with email and the email infrastructure including Exchange, Active Directory, and LDAP
- Knowledge in Spam Assassin and RBLs
- Strong technical security knowledge including firewalls and related policy management security products and concepts
- Strong technical storage knowledge including backup and archiving
What you’ll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.