Manager, Cyber DevOps Engineering
Job ID 22-648
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Barracuda MSP is looking for a stellar Manager, Cyber DevOps Engineering to join the team.
Envision yourself at Barracuda:
This is a key role that will sit in our Engineering department, leading a team of Cyber DevOps Engineers.
What you’ll be working on:
- Provide people management in a diverse cross-functional team (i.e. hires, trains, collaborates on goals, reviews)
- Coach and mentor through 1x1s and other professional development means
- Enable a flexible yet productive work environment that supports a distributed workforce
- Partner with product managers to translate roadmap to user stories and communicate updates on progress
- Work with engineers to implement features and debug issues
- Ensure delivered solutions adhere to the Systems architecture strategy coding standards, security guidelines, and established organizational policies and procedures
- Participate in systems architectural discussions, influencing decisions, and collaborating with peers to maintain consistency across the organization
- Identify and champion process and productivity improvement strategies for the team
What you bring to the role:
- Demonstrated success in an Agile development environment leveraging modern CI/CD best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with daily operations associated with the responsibility for running a public cloud platform requiring 24/7 availability, and operating at a large data scale
- Experience managing a cloud and self-hosted systems alike containing both modern aspects, as well as legacy systems – and the ability to manage an architectural roadmap and technical debt paydown appropriately
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus
- Experience as a Unix / Systems administration / automation a plus
- Exposure to public cloud architectures and deployments, data storage, databases, streaming/queueing services, batch processing workflows, observability and monitoring best practices
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers and other Engineering teams
What you'll get from us:
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities