Sr. DevOps Engineer
Job ID: 22-425 OPEN TO REMOTE
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join the Sentinel Product Development team. You will work closely with the Development team to Build, Deploy, Maintain and Optimize AWS Cloud services. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented and team-focused engineer with a passion for operating in cloud, developing automation and overseeing AWS Cloud infrastructure for Forensics and Sentinel products.
What you’ll be working on
- Engage with Product Development Teams to Build, Provision and Deploy product changes to various AWS environments and regions, Develop / Identify tools to increase velocity, agility and efficiency in deployment, develop tools to Monitor Cloud services and early detection of cloud service failures
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert to the Product team on all DevOps related topics
- Manage the Barracuda Sentinel Cloud Infrastructure and continually strive to improve operation efficiency, and optimize cloud expenses, while achieving business goals for reliability and customer satisfaction
- Automate & improve wherever applicable. Design, deploy and support 24x7x365 operations, while being part of on-call team
- Work with the Barracuda Security team and Compliance team to address any security vulnerabilities in Cloud deployment
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer, SRE, or related role. Cloud service operational background supporting high availability production environments is required
- 2+ years of Python programming/scripting experience
- Great Docker knowledge – Must
- Good familiarity with AWS – Must. Familiarity with other clouds, such as Azure – advantage
- Familiarity with Serverless technologies (such as Lambda, Fargate) - big advantage
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code tools - advantage
- Good experience working with CI/CD tools
What you’ll get from usA team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities