Software Engineer (Sys)
Job ID: 22-548
Open to remote United States
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy and use. We protect email, networks, data, and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt to our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda is looking for an experienced engineer to join our fun and exciting Platform Engineering team. You will be working with some very bright engineers in a collaborative and experiment-loving environment. Suitable candidates must be well-versed in Unix-like environments, comfortable at the command line, and have heavy scripting or programming experience. This position is heavily focused on "software development" for the public cloud environment. Prior experience with AWS or Azure public clouds or API-driven development is highly desired. Previous DevOps experience is equally applicable.
- CentOS, Debian, systemd, grub, Bash, Python, Perl, KVM, QEMU, Docker, Jenkins
- You will be keeping up with bleeding-edge features in the AWS and Azure public clouds, stitching them into Barracuda’s security products
- Designing highly scalable infrastructure around licensing, deployments, and managing the orchestration of Barracuda security products
- Developing lots of common APIs for all of Barracuda security products to leverage and communicate with each other.
- Research and develop innovative ways to build and tune disk images so they run over a variety of hypervisors.
- Enhance software rollouts by injecting CI/CD automation in key areas
- Debugging, testing, automating, and having loads of fun
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 5 years of proven programming desired, with any modern language. Python, Perl, Go, and BASH scripting preferred
- Experienced with Unix or Linux like Operating Systems, preferably CentOS, Ubuntu, or RedHat
- Knowledgeable in virtualization and public cloud technologies. e.g. ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM, AWS, Azure, Google Public Cloud, Oracle Cloud
- Knowledge of container technologies, CI/CD concepts, and SDLC is desirable, but not required
- Must be self-driven, and capable of working independently without direct supervision
- Must be unafraid to experiment, research, propose and disrupt
- Must have strong leadership, work cross-functionally, and be results-focused
What you’ll get from usA team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross-training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities