*Linux Software Engineer
Job ID 22-662
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy and use. We protect email, networks, data, and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt to our customer's journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
Barracuda is looking to add engineering talent to our fun-loving Platform team. We work closely with the hardware team in developing the next-generation hardware and operating system platforms. You will be working with some very bright engineers in a collaborative, experiment-loving, and mentoring environment.
- Operating Systems: CentOS, Ubuntu, Linux kernel, grub2, system, yum and rpm package management, home-grown installer
- Programming: C and Go, Scripting in Python, Perl, BASH, Make
- CI/CD: git, Jenkins
What you’ll be working on
- Maintaining our base OS to power the next generation of Barracuda appliances: tune sensors, memory, RAID, drivers, kernel, etc.
- Opportunities to customize the OS at all levels based on level: e.g., bootloader, kernel, libraries, package management
- R&D with new and exciting technologies: e.g., filesystems, crypto-offload, secure-boot, etc.
- Contribute to our CI processes by automating builds, tweaking Jenkins
- Participate in technology roadmap, scalability, and performance discussions
What you bring to the role
- 3+ years of verifiable work experience in Linux environments
- Fluency with the Linux command line
- Ability to read/modify code in C or Go
- Scripting experience with Python, Perl or BASH, or other languages
- Genuine interest in hardware and/or operating systems. We can teach you the rest
- Strong communication skills. This is a must!
- Willingness to learn. This is a must!
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross-training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities