Jr. DevOps Mfg Engineer
Job ID 22-248
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Barracuda is looking for a Jr. Devops Manufacturing Engineer, based in our San Jose location, to dive into the tricky and yet wonderful world of building secured operating systems. You must love Linux distributions, playing with hardware, and be willing to spend a bit of “quality time” with OS installers, build scripts, CI/CD mechanics, and AWS infrastructure. :)Developing and maintaining Barracuda’s Operating System platform, based in Linux: including kernel, packages, encryption, startup services, installers, etc. while troubleshooting issues and scripting tasks. This also includes bringing up new hardware.
What will you will do
- Maintaining and creating CI/CD pipelines confirming to industry best industry practices.
- Developing and migrating infrastructure in AWS to improve scalability and redundancy.
- Troubleshooting technical escalations related to our OS or platforms.
- Consulting with the Manufacturing team to resolve installation or quality-centric bugs.
- Collaborating with other development teams to embrace new technologies, improve architecture and toolsets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years with configuration management: Puppet, chef, ansible; or anything similar
- 1+ years working with a common scripting language: Perl preferred, but Python or others are OK. Fluency in Shell Scripting, ability to read Makefiles.
- Familiarity with basic networking and commodity PC hardware.
- Previous experience with package management on a Linux distribution such as Debian/Ubuntu, Redhat/CentOS is a big plus.
- We will offer flexibility to work partially remote but will expect you to work in our San Jose office (this is also where our manufacturing facilities are located!)
- Knowledge or hands-on experience with Linux based distributions: building, compiling, and packaging software.
- Understanding of networking concepts.
- Fluency in scripting in Shell. Scripting in Perl or other high-level languages.
- Enthusiastic about hardware technologies.
- Exposure to AWS, Git, Jenkins, Docker, Puppet desirable, but not required.
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible PTO
- Volunteer opportunities