Principal Software Engineer
Job ID 22-501
OPEN TO REMOTE - US
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We at Barracuda are at the forefront of protecting our customers from cyber threats over multiple threat vectors with our award-winning security solutions. We are building the next generation of innovative cloud enabled security solutions and we are looking for a highly skilled and passionate principal software engineer to join our cross functional Agile team.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be working closely with product managers and customers to design, develop, test, and deploy new and innovative security solutions in a continuous delivery model. So, if you've got what it takes to excel in this role and would like to make an impact in the security space, we would like to talk to you!
- Expert level Python. Java programming skills are desirable o Strong practical Linux and bash scripting skills
- Expert API design (GraphQL, REST)
- Very comfortable architecting on AWS
- Containers (ECS, Docker)
- Streaming technologies (Kinesis, Kafka etc.)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
What you'll be working on
- Partner with Product Manager/Product Owner to define strategy and business requirements.
- Take business requirements for projects and break them down into manageable engineering requirements, develop functional specifications, that can be delivered in an iterative approach
Serve as a subject matter expert for the team.
- Mentor team members in engineering best practices. You will be responsible for all aspects of design & development of new features/enhancements, troubleshoot/fix product issues to resolve complex problems related to scale and performance
- Understand service wide ecosystem dependencies, impact, and how it integrates with other products
Keep up to date with industry trends, developments, and recent security vulnerabilities that may impact the product
- Liaising with team members, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed according to requirements and with quality
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 10+ years’ experience developing highly scalable distributed software applications
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD etc.
- Solid experience mentoring/coaching team members
- Ability to communicate clearly and use a collaborative approach across boundaries to get work done
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, routing, DNS, load balancing etc.
- Practical experience using cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of security, encryption and controls needed to protect information
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits