Specialist, HR Systems- Mars Veterinary Health
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Specialist, P&O Systems is to lead and manage various HCM system projects across Mars Veterinary Health (MVH).
This role will proactively facilitate data logic and connections, ensuring integrity, security and accuracy of data in Oracle HCM, Taleo, TMS and associated systems.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage integrations, alerts, system changes and access related to Oracle HCM and initiate meetings with leadership when system efficiencies for development and revision have been identified.
- Liaison with IT regarding Oracle support tickets and prioritization of enhancements. Manage changes for MArs Veterinary Health (MVH) business units including testing, approvals and communication.
- Test Oracle HCM when new systems are implemented to validate effectiveness and accuracy of data, determining possible impacts to other Oracle modules and integrations.
- Provide systems production support, facilitate training on Oracle HCM and other P&O systems.
- Manage, analyze and recommend ad hoc reports, integrations, alerts, system modifications and enhancements for internal and external customers, including development of processes and ensuring data is approved to be released with security and privacy requirements in place.
- Create functional specifications from business requirements, prioritize features, document workflow diagrams and write use cases.
- Manage security and privacy through audits of people systems (e.g. Oracle HCM), Mars Privacy Impact Assessments and personal data inventory for government regulations, e.g. GDPR/CCPA.
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting and alerts to highlight relevant business trends and areas of opportunity.
- Manage special projects, leading associates and delegating when necessary.
- Act as liaison to ERP team when issues are identified, analyze possible trends and review likely solutions.
- Lead change management HCM communication across MVH ensuring all business units are aligned.
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Information Services, Business Administration or equivalent work experience is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Four years related experience in Human Resources, with one-year hands-on Oracle HCM and ability to ensure accuracy and integrity of data and systems.
- Experience with Oracle HCM and Talent Management systems at super user level (e.g. table maintenance, mass uploads, integration knowledge, troubleshooting) and familiarity with Oracle HCM technical side is required.
- Knowledge working with Payroll systems (e.g. DayForce, Ultimate), SuccessFactors, Taleo, PeopleFluent, Business Objects, SQL is preferred.
- Knowledge of process and hands on experience with new system implementation is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Veterinary Health strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Mars Veterinary Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Mars Veterinary Health complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Mars Veterinary Health location.