Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Coordinator, Payroll is to assist with the processing of bi-weekly payroll.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Process payroll data and tax setup including multi state, localities, and school districts
- Audit time and attendance for all associates prior to final payroll transmittal.
- Process terminated associates final pay and all manual checks as requested.
- Distribute payroll checks via UPS delivery to all hospitals.
- Respond to all payroll inquiries from associates and other agencies.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Two to three years of relevant professional experience required with data entry and an understanding of payroll laws.
- Experience with Ceridian products and DayForce for Payroll and Time and Attendance preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.