Core Values & Culture
At B&I, we practice our core values, but what does this really mean? Core values inform our decisions and how we do things, while our culture is what we think and how we conduct ourselves. Since we are able to influence one another, people will take notice of how we behave. Our goal is to combine our strengths, knowledge, and experience in a collaborative effort to deliver the best quality and value to our customers.
Pursuit of excellence in all areas, including and not limited to, our building practices, hiring and training practices, and all work performed by employees.
Examples include complying with all contract documents, hiring individuals who match the B&I culture, seeking out highly qualified personnel, completing quality control checklists.
Soundness | Moral Values | Completeness
Examples of Soundness: Top-quality products, reliable fleet, high tech equipment.
Examples of Moral Values: Treating others with fairness and respect, honesty, strong sense of responsibility.
Examples of Completeness: Financial capabilities, state-of-the-art facilities, investment in safety.
The combined action of all B&I employees together, especially to be effective and efficient, cooperating with a common goal in mind, pushing one another to be the best we can be and holding each other accountable.
Who is the team?
- Building Owner
- Design Team, Architect, Engineers & Consultants
Our commitment to providing a safe workplace leads us to build a relationship with our employees through education, training, hazard awareness and remediation.
Examples include training, job site evaluations, safety gear/equipment, incentives for meeting goals, reporting metrics, monitoring, and the Safety Committee.
- Academy of the Holy Names
- Champions for Learning
- Charlotte Local Education Fund
- De LaSalle Academy
- DeSoto County Education Foundation
- Education Foundation of Sarasota County
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida SouthWestern State College
- Florida International University
- Foundation for Lee County Public Schools
- Hillsborough Community College Foundation
- Manatee Education Foundation
- Pasco Education Foundation
- SWFL Christian Academy
- Alliance for the Arts
- Childcare of SWFL
- Fort Myers Police Athletic League
- Goodwill Industries
- Guardian Angels for Special Populations
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hope Clubhouse
- The IMAG
- Junior Achievement
- Just Against Children Drowning
- Mount Hermon Community Fun Day
- Shell Point Retirement Community
- Suncoast Foundation
- United Way
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Broward Health Foundation
- Healthy Lee
- Jackson Health Foundation
- Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Lee Health Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- NCH Healthcare Foundation
- Physicians Regional Healthcare System
- Sarasota Memorial Healthcare
Awards and Recognition
At B&I, our Employee-Owners are our greatest asset! Therefore, we acknowledge and celebrate the accomplishments and contributions made by our team members to drive the success and growth of our company.
- Gordon Harbuck Award
- Marvin Douglas Integrity Award
- Supervisor of the Year Award
- Safety Star Award
- Outstanding Performer Awards
- Outstanding Team Player Awards
- Horizon Awards
- Safety Awards
- Years of Service Recognition