Senior Backend Engineer, Personalisation Services
Help Skyscanner to be even more useful to our users through personalisation and backend data processing
Working with huge, complex data on our user behaviour, your expertise will ensure a much deeper understanding of our users allowing Skyscanner to deliver a more relevant, personal and trusted service to many millions of users worldwide.
This isn’t simply about search results – our ambition is far broader, more complex and rewarding. Quite simply you will have the potential opportunity to impact across every user touchpoint.
We can offer you:
- Huge potential to impact across our business, people, partners and most importantly deliver a relevant service to millions of users
- Ownership – the freedom and space to be trusted to do what you do best and to make decisions that matter
- A real opportunity to explore and experiment – developing new & improving current features & systems
- An excellent career move – complexity, challenge and real variety
What do you need to apply? Ideally we’re looking for:
- Proven success in developing and driving improvement of Backend data processing tools and solutions for Terabytes, and even Petabytes, of continuous data.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of machine learning; building user profiles, recommendation & prediction algorithms; classifier
- Professional experience in a data driven web economy organisation
- Experience of statistical analysis and collaborating with data scientists is a bonus
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- Primary Technologies: – Java, Python
- Open source data processing technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Mesos, Storm, Hadoop, HDFS
- Apache Samza, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, AWS Redshift, AWS DynamoDB, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, OpenTSDB, AWS EMR, Protocol Buffers, Thrift, Parquet, Mesos, Docker