Accounting Intern - Summer 2022
**Applications open until December 3rd. We will start reviewing and reaching out to candidates in early December**
The Accounting Intern will ensure the assistance in the preparation of our financial statements through activity analysis and account reconciliations. They will also work with the accounting team to help prepare and consolidate balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements, as needed for all of Backcountry’s brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform analytics to access and understand changes
- Analyze information and options; develop reports
- Prepare general ledger entries, maintain records and files; reconcile accounts
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses; request disbursements; reconcile accounts
- Substantiate financial transactions; audit documents and prepare account roll-forwards
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Identify, research, and explain variances between actual and forecasted performance
- Protect Backcountry’s value by keeping information confidential
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a Junior or Senior standing in an undergraduate program
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States
- Currently enrolled in an Accounting learning program or recent graduate
- 0-3 years accounting experience
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Suite skills, with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to multitask and balance priorities
- Knowledge and familiarity of Oracle Netsuite is preferred
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.