The Office Administrator is an extremely well-organized, flexible, self-motivated individual who enjoys the challenges of supporting our Corporate Headquarters. You must have the ability to multi-task, interact well with staff at all levels including Executives while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient with a high level of professionalism. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, ability to work independently with little to no supervision, strong decision-making abilities, and attention to detail are critically important.
The Office Administrator is responsible for overall front office activities, including staffing the reception area, greeting visitors, mail/package delivery, and answering the phones; providing event coordination support for the Executive and Leadership Teams as well as Employee Perks Events, and providing arrangements for office meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for office organization, administrative processes and appearance
- Sit at front desk to greet & assist visitors
- Answer & direct phone calls, emails, faxes to the appropriate departments or persons
- Maintain office cleanliness
- Enter new hire data into payroll systems
- Process and deliver incoming mail and packages and manage outgoing mail and packages
- Assist employees with general office requests including shipping, faxing, and office needs
- Facilitate food ordering & delivery for meetings
- Perform event coordination duties, including setting up for special events and meetings and managing food/catering orders and delivery
- Assist Executive Assistants with the coordination of on-site and off-site events including negotiating with vendors, coordinating venues, and ensuring day-off support.
- Participate as needed in special department projects
- Assist Executive, Leadership, People, and Facilities teams with assigned duties as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2+ years of office management or administrative experience, preferably in a fast paced environment
- Adept in MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to multitask and balance competing priorities
- Flexible, well-organized, self-motivated, resourceful, efficient, professional, decisive
- Ability to interact well with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Ability to perform general clerical tasks, while maintaining accuracy of information, confidentiality and attention to detail
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.