Seasonal Recruiting Intern
Backcountry is looking for a Seasonal Recruiting Intern who is eager to learn the ins-and-outs of eCommerce Recruitment. You'll participate in fourth quarter hiring goals in our Gearhead Operations (customer service) and Fulfillment Center (warehouse). We're a close-knit group, so a positive, can do, cooperative attitude and the ability to function as part of a team are paramount... Oh, and this coupled with a passion for the product we sell is a huge plus.
About the Job
- Ability to review, rank and move seasonal applicants through the hiring process utilizing an applicant tracking system.
- Conduct phone screens for prospective seasonal candidates
- Schedule interviews for seasonal candidates with appropriate individual
- Coordinate the hiring and onboarding of seasonal applicants with HR Business Partners, Managers and Supervisors
- Work with Managers and HR Business partners to ensure that seasonal hiring projections are being met
- Communicate the status of applications to seasonal applicants
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work with Recruiters and People Business Partners to facilitate hiring and onboarding of seasonal employees
- Develop and track metrics for seasonal hiring
- Send reports and keep team updated based on metrics
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to utilize web-based recruitment tools
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and build strong relationships with potential candidates
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Previous recruiting or call center experience is a plus
- Ability to travel locally 5% of the time
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.