Associate Brand Manager
The Associate Brand Manager oversees Steep & Cheap campaigns and works cross-functionally with merchandising, designers, email marketing, & other channel partnerships for day to day management of the site. The ideal candidate has an analytical mindset, ability to extract data to make decisions, attention to detail, desire to improve site user experience, and is self-motivated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support our marketing integration team to execute the brand vision, roadmap, and measurement of campaign implementation on the Steep & Cheap site
- Create a comprehensive promotional campaign strategy that aligns with growth targets
- Develop creative briefs, project manage campaign deliverables, visual merchandise products on the site and conduct QA to ensure that all creative assets have been reviewed and approved for launch
- Facilitate Site merchandising maintenance. Reporting observed product-mapping, taxonomy, content related irregularities and take appropriate steps to resolve issues
- Analyze campaign performance to create retrospective materials that inform recommendations for future campaigns
- Advocate for tests to understand and optimize the customer’s shopping experience
- Participate in the improvement of organizational processes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A passion for marketing and an ambition to build a unique and differentiated leading brand in the outdoor space
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience in brand marketing, project management or equivalent/relevant role
- A collaborator at heart - this is a cross-functional role that requires partnership with multiple teams across the business
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with ease and perform under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- A hands on approach that is happy to execute autonomously
- Strong leadership skills, project management and people management skills
- A unique blend of a customer-centric philosophy, structured and analytical problem solving with creative flair and imagination
- Experience in an online environment
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.