Associate Buyer - Water Hardgoods
Associate Buyer, Water Hardgoods
The Associate Buyer works with the Merchandising team to achieve the financial goals and assortment initiatives of the water hard goods business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assortment Selection: pricing, category/brand mix, and seasonal selection of inventory for the category
- Vendor Negotiations: discounts, terms, pricing policies, promotional periods, PO compliance and issues management, image use, price-matching, and special/exclusive buys
- PO Management: marks vendor catalogs for SKU/PO worksheet creation, building POs (Qty/Dollar/Style Allocation, Size/Color Breakout) and ensures on time submission to vendors, timely management of PO edits,past dues and carries out all PO type builds and maintenance (Pre-season, ASAP)
- Promotions: Works with Marketing to brainstorm/hindsight Promo concepts and performance and helps to set up the promotional cadence for the category. Picks SKU’s/links and reviews all rules pages. QA promo functionality, review and react to performance, and identify risks in promotional calendar.
- Pricing: Works with the Planner to set the Pre-season pricing strategy, in-line/in-Season pricing (promo periods, price matching, promotional calendar management), manage end of season price-break dates, communicate all in-season and end of season price breaks to marketing team and is responsible for assignment to the promotional calendar.
- Inventory Management: Works with the Planner to establish Preseason PO Receipt Flow, Preseason inventory allocation, set in season sell-through targets, pricing strategy for slow movers, moving aged and toxic inventory, manages Return to Vendor (RTV) and mark-down dollar requests with vendor, and ensures inventory management strategy aligned with company-wide financial goals
- Online Merchandising: reviews/optimizes color thumbnail displayed on PLP and Search pages, oversees the boosting/sort order for responsible brands/categories, sets up Cross Sell/Up Sells tools, manages Backorders, review and optimizes site taxonomy and facets, and utilized Kit Calculator as required per category
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 1-3 years of relevant Industry Merchandising and Buying experience
- Expertise in Watersports, specifically Wakesports and Surfing Hardgoods is a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel to as needed
- Solid foundation of Retail Math and Buying Fundamentals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (proficiency in Excel a must)
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritize competing tasks/initiatives
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep&Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn skintrack laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits are competitive and include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account.Thanks for exploring our careers! For your time and effort, use promo code CAREERS22 for 15% off full-price items in your cart. Some exclusions apply.