Merchandise Processor - VSR
Merchandise Processor- VSR
Backcountry.com has an amazing opportunity to expand your skills in our Utah Fulfillment Center. If you are fast on your feet (or forklift), use the gear we sell, and have your closet organized by color, style, and brand, this could be the job for you! The successful candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills combined with an ability to work efficiently under minimum supervision.
Our mission at Backcountry, why we exist, is to connect people to their passions. Backcountry.com is the leading online retailer of premium outdoor gear. We create remarkable customer experiences through the best selection of outdoor product, a flawless shopping experience, the expertise of our gearheads, the lightning speed of our fulfillment, and the shared knowledge of our Community. We operate six online specialty stores – Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, SteepandCheap, WhiskeyMilitia, and
About the Job
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Read and audit labels
- Identify, count, and sort packages and inventory with a high level of accuracy
- Understand purchase order’s and be able to accurately identify vendor SKUs
- Accurately warranty product, downgrade returns, and return items into inventory using extensive product knowledge
- Use automated packaging equipment
- Participate in team meetings, follow guidance, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Assist in the general organization and maintenance of the receiving dock
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Participate in LEAN initiatives
- At least 30 days of distribution center employment at Backcountry.com
- Verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Basic math skills
- Computer skills including familiarity internet and e-mail; ability to work with a hand held computer device
- High School Equivalency
- Experience using JIRA
- M - F 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM
We Use the Gear We Sell
We offer an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision and 401k with a company match! And… have we mentioned the perks yet? We USE the GEAR we SELL. All team members are eligible for our amazing discount on gear – on Backcountry and our other sites, via pro forms, and through local retailers and partners in all of our locations.
We're a casual dress, fun, thriving dot-com with a great work environment and plenty of growth in our future for us and for you. Yes, there is more. A gear closet to fuel your passion to try new things before buying the gear yourself, adventure contests and leave to go explore, gold point recognition program with redemptions ranging from massages to gift cards to ski passes, fresh food co-op subsidies, and more. Does that appeal to you? It’s about a lifestyle, not just a job, and we support our team members in as many aspects of life as possible all while connecting them to their passions so we may better connect our customers with their passions.
Check us out in action here:
We are an Equal Opportunity & E-verify Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background check and drug screen (for distribution center employees).