Online Sales Specialist- eBay
Online Sales Specialist - eBay Team
Backcountry.com has an amazing opportunity for highly motivated individual with strong outdoor gear knowledge to further their career with our Fulfillment Team. This person will be responsible for evaluating the condition of used and returned gear for potential re-sale. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of gear in multiple areas of the outdoor industry, the ability analyze and ascertain the condition of used gear and excellent customer service skills.
About the Job
- Computer usage
- Read and audit labels
- Extensive use of of eBay and Pay Pal
- Analyzing inventory and potential issues prior to listing items
- Compile and send out end-of-day reports
- Photograph items received prior to listing
- Product management, set building, styling, lighting, and file management
- Use interchange to process inventory
- Communicate effectively via MS Outlook email
- Identify, count and sort packages and inventory with high level of accuracy
- Track data using MS Excel and Google Docs
- Participate in team meetings, receive instructions, and provide feedback as appropriate
- Understand and differentiate between shipping methods and sort packages accordingly
- Operate pallet jack
- Use automated packaging equipment
- Maintain a clean work space
- Assign work to employees in absence of supervisor
- Respond to customer questions, offers, issues, etc via eBay.
- Process, evaluate, photograph inventory
- List inventory on eBay
- Ship sold items utilizing UPS World Ship
- Monitor and track data using Google Docs and Excel for items listed on eBay
- Create, compile and maintain reports for accounting
- Reconcile Google Docs with Interchange reports
- Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
- Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
- Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
- Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
- Frequently climb up and down stairs but rarely climb ladders
- Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
- Frequently use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
- Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
- Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
- Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs.
- Crawling is typically not required
- Work is performed indoors, and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Photography knowledge - preferred
- DSLR operations knowledge - preferred
- 6 months experience in a fulfillment center
- Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required with the ability to write and communicate product descriptions for eBay
- Customer service skills
- eBay operations experience - preferred
- Basic math skills required
- Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize work load to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
- Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
- Computer skills, including strong ability with internet navigation, Google drive, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Product knowledge for all categories of gear sold by backcountry and Competitive Cyclist with the ability to differentiate between similar products and ability to ascertain the condition of the product